I spent the last week on vacation and came back to a pile of links in my inbox! The least I can do is share them with all of you.
- John Joseph Adams is Kickstarting a monthly horror magazine, with a stellar lineup for the first issue.
- Another cool Kickstarter supports the Prismatic Art Collection of fantasy art featuring diverse characters. It’s fully funded but still has two weeks to go before the deadline, so chip in and help them “unlock” their more expensive goals.
- G.K. Darby at UNO Press sends word of a nifty project where artists all around the world interpreted passages from Moira Crone’s The Not Yet.
- Maureen Kincaid Speller explains the methodology of her award shortlist reading and reviewing project.
- PW runs a lengthy Q&A with Paolo Bacigalupi, conducted by new PW editor Carolyn Juris.
- I got to see Paolo on his New York tour stop last night, in conversation with N.K. Jemisin and K. Tempest Bradford at the WORD bookshop in Brooklyn. It was a most excellent event; I wish more readings included interviews and Q&As.
- Also reported in PW, Open Road will be publishing e-books of ten Octavia Butler titles.
What else happened while I was out?