Lots of interesting news tidbits hitting the inbox today:
- Podcast and social media maven Mur Lafferty has sold a novel to Orbit.
- The all-knowing Andrew Porter, whose mailing list puts news blogs to shame, reports that:
- SF author Michael A. Burstein is considering a run for Congress.
- Weightless Books now carries DRM-free digital editions of Locus.
- New Scientist is launching Arc, a science fiction and science fact magazine.
- ChiZine Press has signed a distribution deal with HarperCollinsCanada (ridiculous italics theirs), which should give them much better market penetration in Canada. Diamond will continue to handle U.S. and international print orders, but HCC will cover print distribution in Canada as well as global e-book distribution.
- Speculative poetry e-zine Stone Telling is looking for more submissions for its queer-themed issue.
- Jeff and Ann VanderMeer are running a fundraiser and registration drive for their summer camp for teen SF/F writers.