|Homer Simpson’s Brain|
While browsing blogs, I came across Magical Musings and guest Margie Lawson, a psychologist and a writer who presents full day workshops to writers internationally. She has developed psychologically-anchored deep editing systems and techniques that help writers add psychological power to their writing. Margie gave this quiz to see if you are right brained/left brained/whole brained.
Choose the one sentence that is more true.
1. A It’s fun to take risks.
B I have fun without taking risks.
2. A I look for new ways to do old jobs.
B When one way works well, I don’t change it.
3. A I begin many jobs that I never finish.
B I finish a job before starting a new one.
4. A I’m not very imaginative in my work.
B I use my imagination in everything I do.
5. A I can analyze what is going to happen next.
B I can sense what is going to happen next.
6. A I try to find the one best way to solve a problem.
B I try to find different answers to problems.
7. A My thinking is like pictures going through my head.
B My thinking is like words going through my head.
8. A I agree with new ideas before other people do.
B I question new ideas more than other people do.
9. A Other people don’t understand how I organize things.
B Other people think I organize well.
10. A I have good self-discipline.
B I usually act on my feelings.
11. A I plan time for doing my work.
B I don’t think about the time when I work.
12. A With a hard decision, I choose what I know is right.
B With a hard decision, I choose what I feel is right.
13. A I do easy things first and important things later.
B I do the important things first and the easy things later.
14. A Sometimes in a new situation, I have too many ideas.
B Sometimes in a new situation, I don’t have any ideas.
15. A I have to have a lot of change and variety in my life.
B I have to have an orderly and well-planned life.
16. A I know I’m right, because I have good reasons.
B I know I’m right, even without good reasons.
17. A I spread my work evenly over the time I have.
B I prefer to do my work at the last minute.
18. A I keep everything in a particular place.
B Where I keep things depends on what I’m doing.
19. A I have to make my own plans.
B I can follow anyone’s plans.
20. A I am a very flexible and unpredictable person.
B I am a consistent and stable person.
21. A With a new task, I want to find my own way of doing it.
B With a new task, I want to be told the best way to it.
Give yourself one point for each time you answered "A" for questions: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21.
Give yourself one point for each time you answered "B" for questions: 4 ,5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18.
0-4 strong left brain
5-8 moderate left brain
9-13 middle brain
14-16 moderate right brain
17-21 strong right brain
Right brained people are creative, intuitive, and see patterns. They tune into nonverbal communication. They trust their hunches while left brained people are logical, linear-thinkers. They think rationally. They trust facts.
Bottom Line: I got a 13, but I’m not sure if that’s whole brain or "hole" brain.
This just in from Margie: Post a comment and you may win a LECTURE PACKET from Margie Lawson. The drawing will be at 9PM Mountain Time. The Winner will be announced in tomorrow’s blog.