Move over, Modernist Cuisine. Taschen, publisher of expensive, limited edition books has a new ceiling with this expensive, limited edition book: Marilyn & Me costs $1,000, or $2,000 if you want to splurge on the even more limited Art Edition.
Written by Lawrence Schiller, the book is a visual memoir of the photographer’s relationship with Marilyn Monroe, whom he photographed on the set of Something’s Got to Give. Here is what you get for the price:
- Collector’s Edition of 1,712 numbered copies (books numbered No. 251–1,962) signed by the photographer. Also available in two Art Editions of 125 copies, each with an original photograph
- The book and clamshell box are covered in a custom woven duchesse silk from one of the world’s most distinguished silk mills, Taroni, of Como, Italy
- Printed on archival paper
- Four foldouts, with one gatefold measuring a full 110 cm (44 in.) across
- Translation booklet of the text available in German, French and Spanish with purchase upon request
The two Art Editions, which sell for $2,000 and are limited to 125 number copies each, come with either of these two signed images: