If you love audiobooks and own a Windows Phone, then you’re going to want to check out the new Audible for Windows Phone App.
Audible last week announced the release of a mobile app for Windows Phone that would enable users to browse, sample, and purchase from a collection of more than 100,000 audiobooks.
“Our customers love the convenience of having their Audible content accessible on any device they choose,” Ajay Arora, Vice President of Mobile Applications at Audible, said in a statement. “Now, with the launch of our new Windows Phone app, the complete Audible experience can be enjoyed by millions of devoted Windows Phone customers, all of whom will now be able to find and listen to their books anytime and anywhere.”
In addition to audiobook playback features, Audible for Windows Phone includes a host of features, including:
- Wireless transfer from your Audible library to your phone;
- Background audio support enabling listening while using other apps;
- Ability to keep track of personal listening stats and earn badges;
- Share bookmarks and favorite titles with friends via Facebook and Twitter;
- Pin Audible titles to your Start screen using Live Tiles.
The Audible for Windows Phone App is available for free download from Windows Phone Marketplace and is compatible with devices running Windows Phone 7.5 and higher.