The Audio Publishers Association selected four finalists for prestigious Audiobook of the Year Award and four finalists for the Distinguished Achievement in Production Award.
The four titles in the running for the 2012 Audiobook of the Year Award are:
- American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition, by Neil Gaiman, narrated by Neil Gaiman, Dennis Boutsikaris, Daniel Oreskes, Ron McLarty, Sarah Jones and a full cast (HarperAudio)
- Bossypants, written and narrated by Tina Fey (Hachette Audio)
- Go the F**k to Sleep, by Adam Mansbach, narrated by Samuel L. Jackson (Audible)
- Steve Jobs, by Walter Isaacson, narrated by Dylan Baker with an introduction by the author (Simon & Schuster Audio)
The Audiobook of the Year Award recognizes the audiobook that, through quality, innovation, marketing, and sales, has had the most significant impact on the audio industry.
The four titles selected to compete for the 2012 Distinguished Achievement in Production Award are:
- The Mark of Zorro, by Yuri Rasovsky, narrated by Val Kilmer and a full cast (Zorro Productions, Inc., and Blackstone Audio, Inc.)
- She Walks in Beauty: A Woman’s Journey Through Poems, selected, introduced and narrated by Caroline Kennedy and a full cast (Hyperion Audio)
- The Watch That Ends the Night: Voices from the Titanic, by Allan Wolf, narrated by Michael Page, Phil Gigante, Christopher Lane, Laural Merlington and Angela Dawe (Candlewick on Brilliance Audio)
- The Witches of Lublin, by Ellen Kushner, Elizabeth Schwartz and Yale Strom, narrated by Tovah Feldshuh, Neil Gaiman, Simon Jones, Barbara Rosenblat, Elizabeth Boskey, Joanne Borts, Yelena Shmulenson, Joyce Feurring, Tim Jerome and a full cast (SueMedia Productions)
The Distinguished Achievement in Production Award is presented to an audiobook that demonstrates excellence in all areas of production.
For more information on the nominees check out the APA’s Official Press Release.